Monday, June 4, 2012

Strength lies in its simplicity




The sun, greenery, smells. I read about the orchards and meadows. I watch the flowers in the gardens and see photographs of roadside shrines. I read about how even the foxes enjoy the sweetness of a cherry, birch groves, and noise. In meadows, crickets are singing in groups as you hear in songs. ... Yes, I'm glad that I have something to feed the childhood memories with. Again, run until I see the edge of the forest, through the field, among the poppies, cornflowers and camomile - far to the edge of the forest. I feel the wind in my hair and the smell of life. In grandmother's garden where the red ants bite me, I still smell, until I nearly faint. I smell the large flowers,heavy with scent,large flowers of  peony. The most beautiful. I eat fried eggs, potatoes, and cold borscht. Simple, beautiful life. Living with the rhythm of nature. Counting time through sunrise and sunset. Incomprehensible power. The enormous power. I drink from this source.


 Cold borscht
 1 bunch of radishes
 1 bunch of beetroot
 1 bunch of chives
1 bunch of dill
 2 cloves of garlic
 3 medium cucumbers 
 32 oz of kefir
 juice of 1/2 lemon 
 salt and pepper
    
    Peel the beets with stems, cover with water, and cook until tender and season with lemon juice. Wash radishes and chives and toss into the blender. Add minced garlic and pour kefir, peel cucumber  and cut into smaller pieces, add the remaining vegetables and blend together. Cool down. Mix the beets with the stock and combine with other vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Serve very cold. This is the version for the lazy people, you can wipe off all the vegetables on the vegetable grater  and combine with kefir and beetroot stock :)



No comments:

Post a Comment