Thursday, April 26, 2012

His Lordship Cheesecake

"Let us return to the old days, to the enchanted world of fairy tales ..." * I return, I move into to an old cinema.
I hear the music softly playing ...




Every Sunday we watched a show in "Old Cinema" ... childhood, family, smells from the kitchen, they all are coming back ... I remember my grandfather, who knew by heart almost all of the songs from the movies ... and we baked cheesecake, cheesecake from past years.


In the photographs:
Ina Benita seems to me that picture from the movie "I am the Ruler" (1939)
Mieczysława Ćwiklińska  (1937)
Eugeniusz Bodo singing "I arranged a date with her at nine," the comedy "The Floor Above" (1937)
Anthony Fertner, especially my beloved actor for all of his comedies.
Elżbieta Barszczewska in "Pan Twardowski" (1936) *
images found on the Internet are not my property

and Alexander Żabczyński  of course ..


Old Cinema Cheesecake

2 pounds of farmer cheese good ground
300g of sugar
7 eggs
100g butter
3 tablespoons potato starch
vanilla sugar
raisins (optional)
 lemon peel
1 teaspoon baking powder
Beat egg whites and set aside.Yolks should be added with sugar, butter, potato starch, baking powder and beat until light and fluffy. Add farmer cheese, stir gently to have a smooth touch. Finally, add egg whites and combine gently together. Bake about 90 minutes. at 350 degrees





No comments:

Post a Comment