Thursday, February 23, 2012

My birthday cake




Poppy seed cake is always present at our house during Anrzejki, which is my father's name birthday. My mother baked it like a master, aromatic punch-soaked poppy tops with homemade red currant jelly and cream.  The cake dressed in creamy ruffles ... the taste I remember to this day. ..



I want this cake! However, I decided to skip the butter cream and use something lighter. I found a divine recipe on this page: www.kwestiasmaku.com I changed the recipe just a little bit, because I have been drinking a lot of coffee lately and I baked a cappucino cheesecake  two times in a row, so instead of adding espresso to the cream, I added dark cocoa and decorated it with vanilla halvah bits. 

Poppy seed sponge

2 cups of poppy weight (canned)
2 tablespoon semolina (dry)
6 large eggs (room temperature)
Add sugar optional, depends on poppy weight you use

Soaking the cake
I've used cherry tea, but the original recipe refers to use kirsch and coffee.Certainly a better version of mine, But for me the kids will eat the cake anyway , so I already know whose turning his nose :)

Ratio of cake
1 jar of cherry jam

Cocoa cream

1 cup of whipped cream
1/2 cup of sugar (optional)
1 cup mascarpone cheese
3 tablespoon coffe
3 tablespoon cocoa

Preparation
Poppy sponge: Beat the whites and set aside. Poppy weight mixed with semolina. Whip the yolks until they are fluff. Connect the Poppy with the yolks. Then gently mix with whites. Bake in temp. 350 degrees in a greased  pan or line the pan with the baking paper. The cake should bake for about 40 min.
Let the sponge cake cool.
Whip the cream with sugar to stiffen.
Add the mascarpone cheese  with constant stirring to combine the ingredients, then add coffee and cocoa. Keep on cooling.
Cut the sponge cake into  2 or 3 tops.  Soak each top of sponge cake with tea or kirsch then cover with cherry jam and cocoa cream. The top and sides of cake you should spread with cream and decorating according to your imagination :) I poured dark chocolate glaze and decorated witch halvah.


This cake just melts in your mouth! I really recommend.




















No comments:

Post a Comment